When out of sorts there are times I find myself in an obscure bookstore or along a river bank. Sometimes I rearrange the magnets on my fridge door.
Sometimes I find myself in line at the post office. Today I mailed a package at my favorite downtown (read that: old) post office. When I left, I realized I had a sheet of stamps in my hands. I have a book of Forever stamps at home and didn’t need these. But now I have this sheet of stamps and now I’m back in sorts.
list of other perspectives from this week:
* the bear scat found on my sister’s sheep bridge.
* overhearing the lady in front of me at the post office talking about wearing her jury duty socks.
* a friend telling me he’d rather have real bees when he reads.
* the bag boy at the grocery store last night asking me if i still had any growing kids at home.
* reading a letter from an ex co-worker telling me his granddaughter is spoy old.
* knowing there is a row boat waiting in the dawn without oars.
* trying to remember who told me they were startled by blue.
* today is my parents’ 57th wedding anniversary. both of them can still outwalk their grandkids.